1 day First Aid course for companies/ individuals who need a basic knowledge of first aid click here for more information
WHO WOULD BENEFIT?
Those working in smaller firms or as part of a small team away from the main work base, e.g. decorators, plumbers, site workers, etc. Also those required to assist and/or deputise for a qualified First Aider in a large work force.
WHAT THE COURSE CONTAINS
- Expired Breath Ventilation (mouth to mouth).
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Recovery position.
- Communication and giving out responsibility in an emergency.
- Recognition and treatment of shock.
- Management of the unconscious casualty.
- Basic knowledge of control of bleeding.
- Basic knowledge of management of fractures.
- Basic knowledge of management of sprains and strains.
- Basic knowledge of management of burns. Contents of a first aid box.
- Simple record keeping.
- Can also include special risks if appropriate.
This is the minimum standard required by Health and Safety Executive and is acceptable for those working in small groups or with a greater number
of employees in low risk category employment, i.e. offices, etc. All students will be assessed undertaking certain tasks through the day and will be
issued a certificate, valid for 3 years, on completion of the course.
The HSE recommend you update your skills on an annual basis. For more information
contact us here
DATES – Knockhatch Adventure Park
09:00 Start . For available dates : click here
Cost : £55