2 day first aid course for people who already hold a current full first aid qualification
WHO WOULD BENEFIT?
Those required under the Health and Safety at Work (First Aid) Act 1981 to be a qualified First Aider at work and completed the 3 day course and their certificates are nearing the expiry date.
WHAT THE COURSE CONTAINS
- Communication and giving out responsibilities in an emergency.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Recognition and treatment of shock.
- Management of the unconscious casualty.
- Identifying wounds and control of bleeding.
- Recognition and management of injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
- Management of burns and scalds.
- Recognition of illness.
- Treatment of minor injuries.
- Treatment of eye injuries.
- Treatment for poisons.
- Transport of casualty.
- Personal hygiene in treating wounds.
- Contents of a First Aid box and it’s use
- Purchasing First Aid supplies.
- Simple record keeping and personal hygiene in treating wounds HIV and Hepatitis B.
Two days (09.00 – 17.00 each day) which includes examinations. (times include one hour lunch break)
This course is run within strict guidelines laid down by Health and Safety Executives, and the candidate will be examined by two qualified independent examiners (where there is more than 6 persons on the course, less than 6 one examiner will be used) at the end of the course.
Successful candidates will receive an Health and Safety Executive approved certificate which is valid for three years.
The HSE recommend you update your skills annually.
For more information contact us here
DATES – Knockhatch Adventure Park
0930 Start . For available dates : click here
Cost : £155